Friday, July 29, 2005

Little Rock at Last

Well, we have arrived in Little Rock at long last... After a long delay in Newark, NJ, an extra long plane ride, nearly missing our connection (at fault of the airline) and much turbulence later. We were greeted at the airport by Rabbi Ciment, and thankfully this year our luggage came with us instead of a day and a half later.

Shaya learning Rambam in Newark while we wait out the delay.


I am transferring phone numbers from an old phone to my new phone.

The Rabbi put us to work right away, making phone calls and scheduling visits. We start out next week, on Sunday afternoon, as we head to Meridian, MI, only a short 6 hour drive from Little Rock. We will visit an old Moroccan woman, talk to her and study with her a little bit, before we turn around and head straight back, making stops in Jackson, MI and Memphis, TN on the way. Unfortunately the car we have right now is the classical Chabad car and not very comfy. I am trying to convince the Rabbi that I need a car rental to make everything easier, I hope that works.

As for today, Shabbos is coming and hopefully Shaya and I can catch up on some much needed sleep. I am not looking forward to the walk to and from Shul as it is two miles each way. Anyways, wishing you all a good Shabbos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home