Monday, October 31, 2005

Not enough Dough for Theo!

Well that's it... We now know that Theo Epstein will not be returning to the Red Sox. Was it about Money? Was it him being unable to work with Larry Luchino? Was it the leak about Manny asking for a Trade? Whatever it was, the Red Sox will have to move on without him. Now my friends, That is a lot easier said than done. Let's not forget, Theo built this team with some brilliant moves, and now they will try to find a GM that can continue his work, but believe me, there isn't one. I'm no Red-Sox fan, in fact I'm a Yankees fan, but I know that if there is a better GM than Theo Epstein out there, trust me they are already employed, and none of the teams they work for will grant permission for the BoSox to interview. The Sox do have a few options. They could bring back Dan Duquette, They could Pick up Paul Depodesta, fresh off a firing from the Dodgers. They could try to lure Pat Gillick away from Seattle and out of reach of the LA Dodgers. Ed Wade (Phillies) is available as is Chuck Lamar (Devil Rays). Don't expect the latter two to receive much attention from the Sox. This is a pressing issue for the Sox, they have free agents to try and re-sign, and positions to fill. The Manny Ramirez issue. The Johnny Damon issue. The David Wells issue, and the Bullpen issue are of utmost important to this team. If the Red Sox don't pull together as an organization real soon, their chances of a playoff appearance in 2006 will diminish rapidly. Believe me that would make my day as a Yankee fan. ---- This is sure going to be fun to Watch

As for Theo, you can expect him to interview with Tampa Bay, Philadelphia and Los Angeles. In my opinion the Dodgers will be able to offer him the most appealing contract, and that is where I think you can expect to see Theo sign in the upcoming weeks.

oVeR AnD oUt!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home